FRA-UNIted is the RoboCup team at Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences. Our team participates in the 2D Simulation League of the RoboCup initiative. FRA-UNIted is a continuation of the former Brainstormers project whose research and development had previously (till 2010) been done at different universities throughout Germany. In 2015, FRA-UNIted has been moved and re-established at Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences.
RoboCup Asia Pacific 2021 (held in November 2021).
- 11/28/2021: Bronze medal for FRA-UNIted! FRA-UNIted achieves the 3rd place at the RoboCup Asia Pacific 2021 (Soccer Simulation 2D). All results can be ontained from this document.
- 06/27/2021: Silver medal (in the context of the Soccer Simulation 2D Technical Challenge) and an 8th place (main tournament) for FRA-UNIted at the RoboCup World Championships tournament 2021, which was held worldwide online. A summary of the document from our team's perspective can be found here. A document listing all results of RoboCup 2021 can be found here.
- 05/05/2021: Bronze medal for FRA-UNIted! FRA-UNIted achieves the 3rd place at the RoboCup Iran Open 2020 (Soccer Simulation 2D). All results can be ontained from this document.
- 11/01/2020: Bronze medal for FRA-UNIted! FRA-UNIted achieves the 3rd place at the RoboCup Japan Open 2020 (Soccer Simulation 2D). All results can be ontained from this document.
- 06/20/2020: Bronze medal for FRA-UNIted! FRA-UNIted achieves the 3rd place at the Virtual RoboCup 2020 Soccer Simulation World Championships Tournament which was held virtually as a replacement for the normal RoboCup 2020 event. All results can be found in this document. All log files are available from here.
- 03/30/2020: Due to the ongoing Corona pandemia, this year's RoboCup World Championships tournament has been cancelled. Read more.
- 02/10/2020: FRA-UNIted successfully qualifies for this year's RoboCup tournament (RoboCup 2020).
- 07/06/2019: FRA-UNIted finished RoboCup 2019 ranking 8th. All results can be found on this site (in German).
- 03/13-14/2019: FRA-UNIted training camp in building 1 of FRA-UAS' campus.
- 12/05-09/2018: FRA-UNIted finishes this season with a third place at RoboCup Asia Pacaific 2018 (RCAP'18) in Iran.
- 06/18-22/2018: FRA-UNIted achieves the fifth place at RoboCup 2018 in Montreal (Canada). Besides, our team won the Best Paper Award at the RoboCup Symposium 2018 for its work on "Communication in Soccer Simulation: On the Use of Wiretapping Opponent Teams".
- 07/25-31/2017: FRA-UNIted becomes Vice World Champion at RoboCup 2017 in Nagoya (Japan)! Find details on our amazing results at the WM Diary under this link (in German).
- 04/27-30/2017: FRA-UNIted achieves the 2nd place at this years Robotica 2017 in Portugal, yielding as many points as no other team throughout the tournament and receiving the least number of goals agains. The exciting final match was unluckily lost 0:1 against team Nexus.
- 04/27/2017: Team member T. Raschke successfully defends his Bachelor Thesis on using reinforcement learning for learning to dribble. His learnt behavior NeuroDribble2017 has already been incorporated into the team. See this thesis spotlight for more details.
- 03/14-15/2017: FRA-UNIted training camp in building 1 of FRA-UAS' campus.
- 07/04/2017: FRA-UNIted finishes RoboCup 2017 with an 11th place in the main competition, a 5th place in the Evluation Challenge, as well as a 1st place in the "Best Team Description Paper" category.
- 06/28/2016: Our team has arrived at Leipzig, this year's location of the RoboCup World Championship tournament. We are busy applying final tunings to our playing strategy. First games will take place on June, 30th.
- 05/15/2016: Our paper "Progress in RoboCup Revisited: The State of Soccer Simulation 2D" has been accepted for oral presentation at this year's RoboCup Symposium.
- 04/26/2016: New sponsor: VDE Rhein-Main has agreed to support our team.
- 03/10/2016: Notification from RoboCup OC: FRA-UNIted is qualified for this year's RoboCup championships tournament in Leipzig.
- 03/08-09/2016: FRA-UNIted training camp in building 1 of FRA-UAS' campus.
- 02/03/2016: Lecture course finished: Computer science project (part of Bachelor in Computer Science curriculum) on robotic soccer simulation has been finished successfully and yielded a number of valuable contributions to our team.
- 01/19/2016: Competitive teaching grant: Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences has formally agreed to financially support our team's activities.
founded in 1998 (as team Brainstormers)
3x world champion (2005, 2007, and 2008), 5x runner-up, 3x bronze medal at the International RoboCup World Championships Tournament
six consecutive European-level titles: 2005 through 2010
research focus: use of artificial intelligence-based and reinforcement learning approaches to the largest degree possible
more than 20 publications on the use of machine learning techniques in the context of robotic soccer
- Thomas Gabel
- Eicke Godehardt
- Yalcin Eren
- Steffen Breuer
- Fabian Sommer